On this special journey through some of the oldest rock on the planet, we attempt to decipher human and ecological codes left through the ages in the beauty and serenity of Wind River Canyon, and the immense splendor of the Tetons.
Explore traditional lands, culture and history of the Shoshone, Cheyenne and Arapaho. Wind River Reservation stretches two million acres across the high-plains and disappears into cloud-covered mountains at the Continental Divide, and on this special journey you will investigate communicative patterns in Rock Art, learn to decode messages from the Old Ones and experience the beauty of traditional cultures, lands, history, wildlife.
Plus you will go to the biggest event of the year on Wind River - Powwow!
- We begin at Jackson Hole by the Grand Teton National Park where we search out the sacred connection of the four-legged to the two-legged and the winged.
- Stand at one of the most famous vistas in the West – the Oxbow Bend of the Snake River; a place of sheer beauty to invigorate your spirit and discuss the many manifestations of Native America.
- Traveling eastwards we find that the Wind River Reservation stretches two million acres across the high-plains and disappears into cloud-covered mountains at the Continental Divide.
- Enjoy the tribe’s brand new and beautifully-appointed hotel on the reservation.
- This is petroglyph heaven! Discover the rock art site of Legend Rock displaying the creation explanation of the Arapaho, Cheyenne and Algonquin kin.
- Float down the serene and awe-inspiring Wind River Canyon by boat.
- Walk beyond the boundaries of the western contemporary mind amid barren high plains desert beauty, decoding messages from the Old Ones.
- Join the excitement at the largest, most flamboyant powwow in Wyoming territory, soaking in the joy and power of the dancers, singers and drummers as they stomp and whirl, whoop and scream, beat and pulse.
Don't miss PRE TOUR INFO explaining the logistics and details of how Go Native America trips work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs about our Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
Take your place on award-winning journeys and tours visiting Native American lands and reservations across Indian Country.
This is small group travel at it's finest, so with only 9 places available per tour, early bookings are advised.
Information about available PRICES for our award-winning Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
821 NORTH 27th ST, #120. BILLINGS, MONTANA 59101
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE GO NATIVE AMERICA OFFICE ON 1-888-800-1876
Arrive Jackson Hole, WY
Depart Riverton, WY
Click on any image to enter the gallery
Past Tour Members Say...
Without a doubt our guide must [have been] been unique within the umbrella term of ‘tour guide’. He lives the history of this stunningly beautiful, sometimes stark place with an intellectual and emotional honesty
rare in the world of today.
Helen Sherrah Davies, Boston
Our fellow travelers came from all corners of the globe, some returning many times for another journey with Go Native America. Friendships were made between like-minded people interested in learning about Native American culture and adventure, and laughter became the order of the days. For those who do “Go Native,” you can be assured of a journey of the spirit and an adventure different from any other and that you won’t ever forget.
Sue Sutherland, Australia
Mountains, Plains and Canyons
Premier providers of NATIVE AMERICAN TOURS, NATIVE AMERICAN VACATIONS and INDIAN COUNTRY EXPERIENCES.
AUTHENTIC, FAIR TRADE, ETHICAL TRAVEL - RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL in Native American Indian Country
GO NATIVE AMERICA IS NOW A SUBSIDIARY OF NDN2RS.com