Everything you have ever heard, read or imagined about the history and lifeways of the Plains Indian Nations beckons as you enter the world of the Lakota, people of the Buffalo Nation.
Join the circle and relax in the company of fine historians and storytellers; the guardians of centuries-old wisdom. Take this opportunity to traverse the wide open prairies, shining mountains and mighty rivers of the Great Sioux Nation, to hear of legendary figures such as Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, Man Afraid, Black Elk, to stand where they stood, see what they saw and to feel their struggles and triumphs.
I Am Lakota creates a once in a lifetime experience for anyone who feels an affinity with the indigenous cultures of the Great Plains and the desire to interact with, learn of and hear from the people whose history, stories and spirituality are held within these lands.
- Enter He Sapa Wakan, the sacred Black Hills, experience Wind Cave, the site of Lakota genesis and seek out Tatanka, the buffalo.
- In the ragged moonscape of harsh and arid Badlands beauty, listen for the Lakota traditional stories of the Stronghold, and of the Ghost Dance
- On Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, home of the Oglala Lakota visit the Pine Ridge Agency, the Heritage Center and Wounded Knee.
- At the Buffalo Jump and Mato Tipila (Devil’s Tower) understand how ceremony is linked to the constellations in the connecting star world.
- Walk where brought Buffalo Calf Trail Woman to spiritual immortality at the Rosebud Battlefield site amid wild plums, timsila and chokecherry.
- Take the ‘Spirit Road’ toward the Indian village site along the Little Bighorn River. Standing where Crazy Horse stood at the Little Bighorn.
- You may also opt for the unique opportunity to actually ride horseback on the Little Bighorn Battlefield.
ADD-ON LAKOTA ARTS TOUR AND POWWOW
- A one-time opportunity to see the arts and material culture of Lakota people through the eyes of Lakota artisans. Plus spend your evenings at the Oglala Nation powwow as the dancers twist and whirl to the heartbeat of the Nation - the Drum.
Don't miss PRE TOUR INFO explaining the logistics and details of how Go Native America trips work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs about our Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
Take your place on award-winning journeys and tours visiting Native American lands and reservations across Indian Country.
This is small group travel at it's finest, so with only 9 places available per tour, early bookings are advised.
Information about available PRICES for our award-winning Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE GO NATIVE AMERICA OFFICE ON 1-888-800-1876
Arrive OCT 3rd, 2015 - Rapid City, SD (RAP)
Depart OCT 11th, 2015 - Rapid City, SD (RAP)
Past Tour Members Say...
Been to places most other tourists and Americans would never have heard of, we have of course also visited many places that are popular on the tour schedules. The accommodation and dining places were very good, restaurants were unique and the food excellent.
Sarah is an angel, looked after us, catered to our needs and went out of her way make sure we saw everything, stopped for us to
take photos and was a fountain of knowledge.
Our travelling companions and our [native] hosts were hospitable, humorous, adventurous, congenial, interesting and made the tour
a trip of a life time for Sue and I. Thank you.
Reg Sutherland, Australia
Premier providers of NATIVE AMERICAN TOURS, NATIVE AMERICAN VACATIONS and INDIAN COUNTRY EXPERIENCES.
AUTHENTIC, FAIR TRADE, ETHICAL TRAVEL - RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL in Native American Indian Country
GO NATIVE AMERICA IS NOW A SUBSIDIARY OF NDN2RS.com