On this tour we spend time in areas of outstanding natural beauty; amid the mountains, plains, and endless skies that were highly significant to the legendary Lakota patriot, Crazy Horse.
Experience the tranquil energy of special places he valued as retreats – the places to which he would go to renew his spirit and to strengthen his Lakota virtues of fortitude, bravery, truthfulness and generosity. And at these places we learn of some of the greatest triumphs and tragedies of his life, both on a personal level and on a national level through his military achievements.
Like Roman Nose, a Cheyenne elder warrior who deeply and positively influenced him, Crazy Horse was a Thunder Dreamer, and those who have dreamed of Wakinyan ride the whirlwind. It is impossible to confine the expanse of his life within the pages of any book; so relate to the humanity of a man who remains a People’s dream,
Come with us - Enter the Circle.
- Hear the stories of Crazy Horse’s skill with capturing wild horses, of how he received his first adult name and of hard times for the Lakota. Begin your ascent into the Bighorn Mountains; Crazy Horse’s favored area of quiet and solitude.
- Understand the cultural imperatives of Crazy Horse then at the site of the Fetterman Battle his tactical genius in warfare becomes apparant.
- Crazy Horse’s life was a pact with the sacred; today you stand at the site where he received his vision of the horseman rising from the water
- Before combat, he would ascend a high butte, pray and sing to the Four Directions, We spend quiet time absorbing the atmosphere of that place.
- Experience the spirit of Crazy Horse as you learn, in situ, of his role on the day of The Fight Where The Girl Saved Her Brother; an event of cultural magnitude for the Cheyenne.
- “Crazy Horse put great confidence in his medicine,” affirmed Horn Chips, maker of Crazy Horse’s wotawe, his protective war medicine. Stand where Custer was out-thought and out-fought by this instinctive Lakota strategist whose Medicine ensured bullets could never hit him.
Don't miss PRE TOUR INFO explaining the logistics and details of how Go Native America trips work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs about our Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
Take your place on award-winning journeys and tours visiting Native American lands and reservations across Indian Country.
This is small group travel at it's finest, so with only 9 places available per tour, early bookings are advised.
Information about available PRICES for our award-winning Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE GO NATIVE AMERICA OFFICE ON 1-888-800-1876
Arrive Billings, MT
Depart Billings, MT
Past Tour Members Say...
I don’t have words to express my gratitude to you. I came to experience the land of my ancestors- to see it, feel it, smell it, and know its energy. Your stories of how it really was bring tears to my heart, but also joy in knowing the truth. Wopila Toksa. Mitakuye Oyasin
Karin Mack, New York State
Oh what a wonderful ‘love affair’ I’ve just had on this Go Native America trip; people, nature, culture, color, music, the families I met…
and unlike past love affairs this is just the beginning and
on-going nurture of a new-found love.
Maura Devlin, N Ireland
Premier providers of NATIVE AMERICAN TOURS, NATIVE AMERICAN VACATIONS and INDIAN COUNTRY EXPERIENCES.
AUTHENTIC, FAIR TRADE, ETHICAL TRAVEL - RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL in Native American Indian Country
GO NATIVE AMERICA IS NOW A SUBSIDIARY OF NDN2RS.com