Once in a Blue Moon Powwow
- Begin at the natural wonder of the Bighorn Canyon and seek wild mustangs of the Horse Nation.
- Atop the Bighorn Mountains with zero light pollution, learn of tribal star knowledge.
- At the Medicine Wheel in the Bighorns we discuss the ‘the medicine dance of the ancients’, and it’s place in traditional Cheyenne culture
- The Deer Medicine Rocks hold Sitting Bull’s vision of the Little Bighorn in sacred rock art.
- Powwow! Beneath the moon, the dancers stomp and whirl lighting the arbor with Native pride and the sheer joy of being Cheyenne.
- Relive the Rosebud Battle, viewing the terrain as Crazy Horse saw it at the Cheyenne seminal Battle Where The Girl Saved Her Brother.
- Add to your journey and discover in America’s Serengeti where wolves and bears range, that Yellowstone Is Indian Country.
- Discover your inner artist and learn the skills of Indian beadwork in a workshop setting
TO DOWNLOAD THE FULL ITINERARY AND ALL TRIP INFORMATION CLICK HERE
Once in a Blue Moon Powwow
The phrase ‘once in a blue moon’, perfectly describes this unique opportunity which allows you to enter the world of the Cheyenne, the Morning Star People. Your travels through culture, history and places sacred to the Cheyenne nation culminate in a powwow experience at the time of a true ‘Blue Moon’
a sacred phenomenon where two full moons appear within the earth’s rhythmic 28 day cycle.
Travel present-day Cheyenne homelands in the Big Sky state of Montana to find a courageous history echoed across the bluffs and buttes of the West, where stories pulse from the pounding hooves of wild mustangs, and the immortal names from Cheyenne tribal legacy sing on prairie winds.
Experience the exhilaration of powwow – a celebration of culture and pride. You will never forget the moment you first saw the People dance, or felt the heartbeat of all Indian nations – the drum. The traditions have survived and so have the Morning Star People – the Cheyenne.
Premier providers of NATIVE AMERICAN TOURS, NATIVE AMERICAN VACATIONS and INDIAN COUNTRY EXPERIENCES.
AUTHENTIC, FAIR TRADE, ETHICAL TRAVEL - RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL in Native American Indian Country
Don't miss PRE TOUR INFO explaining the logistics and details of how Go Native America trips work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs about our Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
Take your place on our award-winning journeys and tours visiting Native American lands and reservations across Indian Country.
This is small group travel at it's finest, so with only 9 places available per tour, early bookings are advised.
Dates and Prices
Information about available DATES + PRICESfor our award-winning Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
821 NORTH 27th ST, #120. BILLINGS, MONTANA 59101